post is a bit of a spur of the moment. But when I was listening to music it gave me the idea to talk about the power of music on myself. I hope you enjoy this post and it might be something you can relate to.
So to me music really can help set my mood. When I’m walking and listening to an upbeat song I usually walk a little faster. Music just creates a little space in my head where I can forget about my worries for a while and just focus on the lyrics. I also find that music can help me appreciate things, for example when I am walking and listening to a good tune I usually look around and appreciate things around me. When I’m doing my homework music kinda helps me to get it done and be motivated to do things ( although sometimes I get distracted and just start singing along ).
When people ask what is my favourite music is I never really have an answer. I like most genres of music, I’m always listening to the top 40 playlist on Spotify.
I thought now it would be a good idea to list some of my favourite songs/ artists.
1. Ed Sheeran – his two new songs are on repeat I love them and I feel like singing along all the time.
2. Little mix – their songs are so uplifting and are ones that I want to get up and dance to.
3. Glee cast – this might sound a bit weird but I loved watching glee ( and still do sometimes) but their covers of songs also make me feel more uplifted and make me feel like I can do anything
Those are my top 3 artists that I love listening to but there are still more that I do listen to. Like I said I like anything from the top 40 basically.
I hope you enjoyed this different post. Let me know what songs you like listening to I always love discovering new songs and artists.
See you next time
I was very kindly nominated by My Blurred World and Life Of a Blind Girl for the blogger recognition award. I would like to thank these two girls for the nomination it really means a lot, their blogs are amazing and teach me about disability. They both have great blogs so go check them out.
Blogger Recognition Award logo
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created
The Story Of My Blog
I started my blog October 2016. I decided to start a blog as I loved reading other peoples and love writing so thought it would be a good interest to start. I actually had an old blog before I created this one which I deleted because it just wasn’t me. I started my blog also to just speak to other people and have a place on the world wide web which was mine. I love blogging and I feel like it has helped me become a little bit more confident with being myself.
For any new blogger I would say try and be original. It’s all well doing popular posts and we all do it but try and make everything personal and original. This will make you stand out and make people want to read your more original posts, rather than reading posts that have been done time and time before. I’m not saying that you can’t do popular posts but a tip I have learnt is try and be you all the way through your posts.
Another piece of advice is to try and be organised with your posts. I struggled with this at the start ( and still do now ) but it’s better to have a time that you upload or even a set number of posts that you will publish every week. It will mean that people know when a new post will be going up and be more likely to read it every time. It is really hard and I still struggle with fitting everything in but if your organised you will be able to keep on track and build your blog.
All of these blogs are amazing and I love reading their content. I would defiantly go and check them out. Thank you again to Elin and Holly who nominated me. I will see you soon for another blog post.
Today I thought I would start a new series all about how to survive certain situations. I hope you enjoy and let me know if there are any topics you would like to see me cover. Today fitting in with the weather England has been having over the past week, I thought I would talk about how to survive the cold.
In the winter or just the colder months my skin goes bone dry, I suffer from dry skin usually but dealing with the cold makes it worse. To prevent it getting bone dry I try my best to moisturise two times a day ( I will be doing a full skin care routine soon). Using the Pure Beauty , Dirty Works facial oil every week gives my skin that extra moisture. I did a full review of this product so if you want to see that it is on my blog here.
My lips also get super dry in the cold weather so I use the Maybelline Baby lips DR. Rescue every day. At first it is a little tingly but I have found that it does help give more care to my lips than the normal ones in the Baby Lips collection.
Much like my face my hands go dry again ( sorry if you can see a pattern in how dry my skin gets ) but I love using the Soap and Glory Hand Food. The smell is really refreshing and I find it sinks in quite quickly so I am able to get on with the rest of my day.
All the products I use to keep my skin moisturised
For everyone the cold weather is when you can wrap up all cosy in big jumpers and scarfs. I love wearing jumpers as they are easy to put with anything. The scarf that I love wearing is one from Primark which I got for Christmas. It’s checked red, black and white with a reversible side of black and white zig zag lines and it’s super warm and cosy. I also have to wear gloves out otherwise I can’t feel my hands. The gloves I wear are just regular ones from H&M , there not the warmest but at least they give a little bit of protection.
Scarf from Primark and Gloves from H&M
In the cold I love to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream ( not great for being healthy) but coming in from a cold day and drinking something hot makes me feel warmer really quickly.
Having a blanket is essential to help with this cold weather. When you can just snuggle up and watch the TV with a hot chocolate to me that sounds like a great way to relax in the evening.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I thought it was would be quite unusual but maybe interesting to people. Let me know down below with your thoughts on this series and what you would like me to cover next.Thank you for reading and I will see you soon.
So today I thought that I would tell you all how I get organised. I’m not saying that I am the most organised person ever because I’m not but here are some tips I have learnt that have helped me become a little bit more organised. I hope that this post if helpful and that you could maybe apply these tips to your life. Anyway here are some of my tips …
Write things down
I have learnt that even if I think I will remember everything I have to do in my head I won’t, it’s impossible. So I like to write every task down in a diary or if you prefer you could use a to do list (that is also another tip that I will be speaking about later). When everything is written down sometimes it helps me figure out what to do first. Also I feel that when things are written down sometimes it shows that I don’t have as many tasks to do as I thought.
To do lists
As I said in the last suggestion I sometimes use to do lists to show myself what I have to do. I love ticking things off it makes me feel that I have accomplished something, but that aside to do lists help me figure out what I have to do and what is the most important and needs to be done first.
File things away
Especially with school work I love keeping everything together. It then makes everything easier to find and when revising I can flick quickly to something that I don’t understand. I find that if I make my files prettier then I am more willing to put work in them (that’s probably just me!)
This is mostly important for school work but start tasks early and then when you get more and more homework it won’t feel as stressful and you will be able to get everything done in time. I find that starting early puts my mind at rest and tells me that I am sometimes organised with my life.
That’s it those are some of my tips on how I stay mildly organised. If you have any tips leave them down below and we can all help everyone become more organised this year. I hope you enjoyed this post. I will see you very soon for a new post.
See you next time
So today I am going to be telling you my 2017 resolutions that I am hoping to stick to. This might be a very long post so you may want to make yourself comfortable. If you have any resolutions for this year let me know down in the comments section below. So let’s get started.
- Eat healthier. I hope that this year my diet will become more balanced, and I also want to try different foods that are healthy just to give my taste buds something different to try.
- Do more exercise. Last year I never stuck to a workout routine, however in 2017 I really hope that I can work out more, because it really does make me feel better. I’m going to use Lucy Wyndham-Read’s YouTube channel which I will link and she has monthly challenges that I am gonna try and stick to them. https://www.youtube.com/user/LWRFitnessChannel
- Find my voice. This might sound cringe but I really want to feel more confident with talking online and having my own little voice on the internet (even if not that many people hear it).
- Be more spontaneous. This year I want to take every opportunity that comes my way. I feel like in 2016 I was more restricted in what I did, so this year I would like to make more memories that I can be proud of. ( I hope that make sense).
- Use more products. I have a lot of body creams which I haven’t started so this year I would really like to get through some of the products I own.
- Give back. I am so grateful for everything I have that this year I would really like to give back to people, whether that’s helping my family or donating to charity.
- Lastly I would love to get more organised this year, with school, blogging and just events going on in my life. I want to be able to create a organised year so that I feel a little less stressed.
Anyway that is it for today’s blog post. I’m sorry it’s been so long but I hope you enjoyed.
Let’s make 2017 amazing and make it a year to remember.
See you next time